Monday, July 11, 2011

I am way past due on an update on this site :)  Life has been crazy lately (but that's pretty much become our new normal).  The boys are doing great!  Henry has a total of 5 teeth now (3 on top and 2 on bottom) and is interested in eating everything he can get in his mouth...books, paper, Lara Bars (that Carter gives him or leaves within reach), fruit, etc.  He is also scooting around quite well!  It's not a crawl, more of an army/belly crawl type thing.  But man is he fast!  At his last Dr appointment (about a month ago) he was 29 inches and 20 pounds.  He's doing great and is still just the happiest baby I've ever seen...I love waking up to his smile :)

Carter is also doing great!  I think it's good influence on the part of our friends children, but he has started talking a lot more!  Unfortunately, he is also copying me a lot and I have learned a few things...for instance, I apologize all the time even when it isn't my fault that something happens (something rolls off counter, Carter drops something, someone has an boo-boo) and Carter does it too.  I think I also spend WAY too much time on my phone b/c he is constantly "making calls" into his hand (or shoe, or remote, or truck).

The diet has been going well and Carter has gone from not really growing/gaining at all (dropped from 95th percentile to 25th) to getting back up to a normal weight.  He is now in the 90th percentile!  I attribute this COMPLETELY to our dietary changes.  He is eating so much more and it is healthy stuff...especially healthy fats.  His diet mostly consists of fruits, veggies, and nuts :)

We also moved both boys into the same room a while back.  I was worried it would be a problem, but both boys have actually done much better sleeping when sharing a room.  They sleep through one another fussing, go to sleep quicker, and wake up "talking" to one another (which is a nice change from Carter waking up screaming).  There have been a few instances where I've had to put one of them down for a daytime nap in a different room, but that doesn't even happen once a week.  We are so blessed to have these two amazing little ones in our care!  I am so thankful for my "miracle" babies and so blessed by their amazing hearts and beautiful smiles!

Btw...if you are interested in reading about my struggle with getting pregnant, the first part is up on my other blog.  You can find the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment